Five Signs You Need Replacement Windows
Energy Efficient Windows & Modern Beauty
The windows of your home are some of its most important components as they greatly affect its energy efficiency and beauty. That’s why it’s imperative to make sure they are modern and in good condition. If they aren’t, then you could be losing a great amount of energy dollars and curb appeal. There are some signs that can help you identify when you need new windows so you can avoid excessive energy loss. Our window experts at Precision Home Products can help you identify these signs and find the perfect replacement windows for you home. Our years of experience in the industry have granted us a great deal of window expertise, making it possible to compile the following list of window warning signs.
Signs You Need New Windows:
- Old and Dated: Windows that are older lack the energy-saving technologies that are often standard on modern windows. Since they lack this technology, they’ll never be able to match their energy efficiency. It’s also important to know the age of your windows and how close they are to the end of their lifespan since they lose some of their effectiveness as they get older.
- Physical Damage: Windows that have cracks, warps, worn seals, or other physical damages are constantly losing energy since air and heat can travel through them more freely. Windows in these conditions can also be quite damaging to your curb appeal.
- Drafts from the Window: Place a hand in front of your window, if you feel air coming through, then your window’s structure and energy-saving technology is compromised. Causes of this could be worn seals or window age. We recommend having a window consultant visit to determine the cause of the issue.
- Difficulty of Operation: Windows that are hard to operate are most likely experiencing a balance issue. Due to the internal nature of the component, it’s best to have a professional examine it. Another cause may be improper installation or low-quality frame material.
- Condensation: If your windows have condensation in between panes, they should be replaced. Condensation in this area means that there is either damage to the seals or panes and any insulating qualities you window had are now lost. However, condensation on the external side of the pane and around the perimeter is normal.
Make Sure Your Home Windows Perform Well
Once your replacement window needs are determined, you must then choose high-quality windows that will provide your home with the beauty and energy efficiency you desire. At Precision Home Products, we carry highly efficient windows that are designed to save you money and grief. Furthermore, our installers are professionally trained to perform flawless work that will instantly enhance the curb appeal of your home. Have beauty and convenience installed on your today with our energy efficiency replacement windows. Just contact us today for your free consultation.