Product Care from Precision Home Products
Q. How can I help maintain the quality and beauty of my new American Classic products?
A. Your windows can maintain their beauty for many years with simple care and cleaning. You won’t have to worry about the vinyl peeling or cracking – but because your windows are exposed to the elements, you can expect them to become dirty from time to time. Sometimes, a rain shower is enough to keep your windows looking great. If not, you can wash your windows by following the steps below:
- Use a soft cloth or soft bristled brush (some even have handles)
- You can add a mild detergent if necessary
- Do not use a high-pressure spray. Power washers can crack the air-tight seal around your window.
- If you need to use a cleanser for difficult stains, please refer to the chart below.
- Avoid using abrasive cleansers on your replacement windows
- DO NOT USE liquid grease remover, strong soaps and detergents containing organic solvents, nail polish remover, furniture polish or cleansers containing chlorine bleach. These products have chemicals that can ruin the surface of the vinyl.
Cleansers to Remove Stains From Vinyl Window and Door Frames
|Bubble Gum||Fantastik®, Murphy Oil Soap®, solution of 30% vinegar and 70% water, Windex®|
|DAP (oil-based caulk)||Fantastik®|
|Felt-tip Pen||Fantastik®, water based cleansers|
|Grass||Fantastik®, Lysol®, Murphy Oil Soap®, Windex®|
|Lipstick||Fantastik®, Lysol®, Murphy Oil Soap®|
|Lithium Grease||Fantastik®, Lestoil®, Murphy Oil Soap®, Windex®|
|Mold & Mildew||Fantastik®, solution of 30% vinegar and 70% water, Windex®|
|Motor Oil||Fantastik®, Lysol®, Murphy Oil Soap®, Windex®|
|Rust||Fantastik®, Murphy Oil Soap®, Windex®|
|Top Soil||Fantastik®, Lestoil®, Murphy Oil Soap®|